Log In Help
- What if I forgot my password and/or Employee ID?
- You can get a new password, a Employee ID reminder, or both. Visit the Sign In Problems page and supply some basic verification information, such as your birthday and National ID (SSN/SIN).
Please note: Without the correct verification information, you will not be able to obtain a new password. To obtain a new password, you must know your Employee ID. If you forgot both your ID and password, sign up for a Employee ID reminder first.
- How do I change my password?
- If you would like to change your password, go to www.trinet.com. click Login and select your product. Log in using your current password. From the Myself menu, select About Me > Security/Authentication, then click Change Password. Then follow the steps below
- Enter your current password in the first box.
- Enter your new password (as you would like it to be) in the second box.
- Confirm your new password in the third box.
- Click the “Update” button.
- Why doesn’t my password work?
- If you forgot your password, request a new one.
There are several reasons you may be getting the “Invalid Password” error message:
- Set your CAPS LOCK key correctly. Passwords are case sensitive, (meaning that "TRINET," "tRineT," and "trinet" are not equivalent), so be sure to keep this in mind when entering your password.
- Delete your cookie files. A cookie is a small piece of information stored by your browser that helps identify you. If your cookie is not being accepted correctly, you will be logged out of your account as soon as you move to a different page. This may be blocking your current ability to log in or stay logged in.
To delete your cookies, close all browser windows, find the “cookies” directory, and delete the cookie files inside. If you’re still having problems, please request a new password. Once you receive your new password, you can change it.
- Wait up to 24 hours. If you recently requested a new password, this will allow your account to update.
- Can I change my Employee ID?
You cannot change your Employee ID. However, you can use your National ID (SSN/SIN) to log on instead of your Employee ID. To use your National ID (SSN/SIN) as your personal identifer, go to trinet.com. Then:
If you'd prefer not to use your National ID (Social Security number), you can create a Custom ID. To create an ID, log in to trinet.com (click Login, then select your product). From the Myself menu, select About Me > Security/Authentication. Click Custom Login ID and enter a custom login name. Once you create a Custom ID, you can log in using that ID.
- Select the Soc. Sec. # option for the Personal Identifier type.
- Enter your National ID (SSN/SIN) in the Personal Identifier box
- Enter your password and click "Login"
- Who should I contact if I still have problems?
- TriNet Solution Center:800.638.0461, Monday-Friday, 4:30 am - 9:00 pm PST.